Dessa Van Schuyver became a certified court reporter in 2001. As an amateur Web site developer, Dessa had an interest in computers and modern technology. Shortly after certification, Dessa started using Dragon NaturallySpeaking along with Computer Aided Transcription software in 2002.
- Member NVRA
- Member GCCRA
- First Dragon Tamer workshop, Dragon 101, 2008
- Authorized EclipseVox trainer since 2008
- Georgia CE provider 2008 to present: Dragon and EclipseVox.
- NVRA: Speaker at national conventions in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017 – Dragon and Eclipse Vox.
- NVRA CE provider 2009 to present: Dragon and EclipseVox.
- Realtime Voice Academy 2011 to present: Training for court reporters, court reporting students and captioning students using Dragon and Eclipse Vox
- Butler Community College, Wichita, Kansas - Dragon and EclipseVox training provided to instructors in 2011.
- United States Marine Corps - Dragon and EclipseVox training provided to Marine reporters:
Okinawa, Japan, August 2011
Okinawa, Japan, August 2015
Camp Lejeune, NC, February 2014
Lawrenceville, Georgia, May 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii, February 2017
- Arkansas Court Reporter Association - Dragon, October 2011 and April 2014.
- Missouri Court Reporter Association – Dragon, September 2013.
- Louisiana Court Reporter Association - Dragon in August 2014
- Executive Board Member GCCRA 2013-2016
- United States Air Force - July 2016 – Dragon and Eclipse Vox
- Missouri Court Reporter Association – April 2017, Dragon
Dessa has also conducted numerous Dragon and EclipseVox workshops in Seattle, Washington; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Hot Springs, Arkansas; Little Rock, Arkansas; Memphis, Tennessee; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbia, South Carolina as well as various workshops throughout Georgia and online.